Friday, December 3, 2010

<b>ADHD</b> and ADD… Beating the Odds! | Help &amp; Teach Our Children

ADHD and ADD… Beating the Odds!

If is a fact that, ADHD is a relatively common disease in children and in most of the cases it’s very easy to cure while in some cases it become quite complex and required proper treatment. The treatment of Adult ADHD is the highly specialized, and now lot of research has been made and proper treatment of this disease is commonly available. There is different point of view on the treatment of ADHD, some parents are not interested in medicated treatment because they believe that it is unnatural and medicines have significant side effects, whereas some parent prefer to treat their effected children at growing stage. Unfortunately, there is no miracle cure for Adult ADHD and there is nothing any specific treatment for all patients of the ADHD. In treatment of ADHD there are series of step that must be followed to better ure Adult ADHD. The success of treatment depends on identification of deficiencies and requirements of patients accurately.

For people like me, who have ADD/ADHD, it is very difficult to stop being impulsive. This means that I indulge a lot in impulsive spending. This is one of the major symptoms I have of ADD/ADHD. Unfortunately, I tend to buy first and think later.

I have a room in the house that is especially used to store all the new purchases I make. I am afraid of this symptom of ADD/ADHD because I do not want to be in debts like thousands of other impulsive spenders.

Fortunately, I have a very supportive family and together we have worked out a few things that help to a certain extent in controlling the urge to spend impulsively. I am sure if you have ADD/ADHD, you too will benefit from these simple tips.

The first thing that I had to do was to become aware of my impulsive spending habit. My family knew about it but wanted me to recognize the problem. I did and then this set precedence for rest of the impulsive spending prevention program. Earlier when I used to go out shopping, I used to do so without a shopping list and end up buying things that I did not need. Now whenever I go out shopping, I am armed with a shopping list and make sure that I stick to it. This has helped me from over-spending each time I go out.

Without ADD/ADHD, having a credit card is dangerous. Just imagine my plight with my impulsive spending. So now I take just cold hard cash to do shopping and trust me it does hurt to see all that money leaving my wallet!
My family came up with a better solution to deal with my ADD/ADHD symptom of spending without a reason. They started sending me out with an empty wallet to look at things. This made me go back home and think about whether I really needed to buy them. If I felt that I couldn’t live without the items, I took cash and bought them the following day.

The treatment of Adult ADHD is a long arduous process but it can change the life of ADHD victim beating adult ADHD . To finding the right ADHD treatment is not difficult now because you can get lot of information about this topic at defeat ADHD add . Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder is a chronic condition and it may impact badly on the life of children.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment